Saturday, March 11, 2006

Feeding Ilyaas

Assalaam ‘Alaikum
I tried my hand at cleaning shrimps today for the first time…and ew…I was totally grossed out…I dunno how my mom does it…but after trying several, I did get the hang of it,  but it still felt yucky…

Ilyaas is  taking his first steps..alhamdulillah… He walks for a bit ..like 2-3 independent steps and stumbles…Subhanallah…my heart bursts with joy when I see him …and we walk with such ease , completely underestimating Allah’s bounties…

Anyways…feeding Ilyaas is such a huge challenge…Meal times are my most dreadful moments…I mean how does one feed a baby who is not ready to sit in one place…turns his mouth away when the spoon approaches him, tries to escape from his chair…It takes two to feed him, one hold his mouth and feeds him and the the other distracts him with toys … How do you guys manage? Any tips welcome… and oh…what is a  year old to be fed exactly?  I usually give him  ground rice/potatoes/lentils/oatmeal etc…What do other mommas feed their babies? Any new ideas most welcome…